Forgetting a negative memory can be difficult, especially when you are surrounded by negative people.
However, you can reverse this situation and focus on the positive aspects of your life. By changing the people you attend as well as your activities, you can open yourself to more joy and finally become satisfied with your life.
Separate from negative people
Identify the negative people in your professional life
Ask yourself if some colleagues take your time for granted or require (openly or secretly) that you continually seek to arrange them. These people can act selfishly stand late for meetings and transfer the workload on your shoulders.
- A negative person will also be jealous of you and will try to diminish you. For example, if you receive a bonus or promotion, they will think you have been lucky and do not deserve it.
Think about the negative people you attend in your school
For example, they will try to diminish you in front of your comrades or belittle your ideas. Their goal will be to ridicule you and hinder your self-confidence.
- A negative person always fears the worst. It may be a friend reminding you that we are always alone or a friend telling you that you are neither intelligent nor unique.
Identify the negative people in your home
They will try to change you or convince you to change. You will also begin to feel that your ideas or thoughts are not interesting.
- Such a person will make you think that your opinion does not count and will continually lower you. It will contradict you or ask you to shut up, completely ignoring your ideas.
Spend less time and energy on these people
Try to spend less time with them, not answering their calls or giving you the time and space to focus on more beneficial people, especially if it’s a close friend or someone in your family.
- Devote this time to more positive things and people. Invite a negative person to join your group of positive friends so she can see this difference in attitude.
Set boundaries with negative people
You may have to see them. Rather than driving you crazy, try to set limits so you can always control the effect of their negativity on you. Try to stay in a group and change your schedule to spend less time with them.
- Always keep these limits. Remember that they allow you to avoid conflict and to be able to continue to see that person when necessary.
Adopt a positive attitude
If a negative person makes comment about the weather, for example, remember that it will be nicer the next day and that it is not so important. Always try to be kind and generous, even when it will make disrespectful comments against a person.
- Countering negativity with a positive attitude can enable you to help your friends by reacting proactively and openly.
Get rid of negative habits and thoughts
Identify your bad habits
Take the time to write down what are your bad habits (like drinking or eating too much, belittling yourself, etc.) and think about why they make you unhappy and rob you of your energy.
- Too much food or drink, but also an abusive relationship, can have a negative impact on your life.
Put an end to these habits
Even if you feel good about the moment, you will wake up the next day with black thoughts. This will allow you to devote more time to other activities and your professional career for example.
Rather than stopping at once, start by reducing the time you spend on it. For example, go out once or twice a week.
Avoid belittling yourself
Do not focus only on the negative aspects of a situation (such as thinking only about the tasks you have to do when you have had a productive day).
You can also blame yourself consciously or not each incident. If a friend cancels an appointment, you can convince yourself that they do not want to spend time with you and start thinking that it’s your fault.
Make use of positive affirmation
Concentrate on activities that make you happy. Be benevolent with yourself as you would be with your loved ones and respond to every negative thought with a positive affirmation.
- Repeat these affirmations aloud. Repeat these positive thoughts in the morning to start your day on a positive note. Repeat that you are capable of accomplishing great things and that today you will finally celebrate your successes. Tell yourself that you are strong and able to overcome your negative thoughts.
Focusing on Positive Living
Follow a balanced diet
Prepare your meals and eat reasonable quantities as well as three meals a day. Eat protein, grains, fruits and vegetables and dairy products every day in order to have the energy to pursue your goals.
- Drink lots of water, especially if you play sports. Avoid sugary drinks.
Look at: How to Lead a Healthy Lifestyle
Sleep at least 8 hours a night
This will allow you to be fit and fight your negative thoughts. Make sure your room allows you to sleep well.
Play sports at least three times a week
You will thus generate endorphin which will allow you to fight your stress. Join a gym or jog to stay positive and communicate your positivity to your loved ones
Build healthy relationships
Spend time with people who make you laugh or smile and feel good and in your place.
You can also strengthen the relationships you have already built and helped you fight your negative thoughts.